Re: RFS: sphinxsearch

I'm not a DD just wanted to see how to used docbase... But here are my
2 russian kopejkas.

2009/5/13 Tom Simnett <tom@initforthe.com>:
> Hope I'm not missing anything else now :) (New version uploaded again)
>
> Tom

1) rules - have you though of using dh7 style? (just %: dh @ with
overrides) Or is there a _specific_ reason for debhelper 5
compatability? (lenny has debhelper 7 so it should be easy to
backport) With debhelper 7 your rules will become much smaller. See
man dh and other revelant for details.
2) rules - please consider running the test suite here (*hint* needs a
variable in rules)
3) copyright - there is DEP#5 proposal for the machine parsable
copyright file (it's not a rule or anything). If you like it try using
it. [1]
4) changelog I'm sure that it should be (Closes: #NNNNN) e.g. [2]
5) control - are you using a version control system for your
packaging? (I would suggest you do, bzr-builddeb and git-buildpackage
are very strong contenders and both support pristine-tar, ie. saving a
small binary delta to regenerate an identical tarball at build-time)
6) control - I'm sure your long description is too short (it's abscent).....

Now running lintian with following options -i -I -v -E --pedantic gives this:

P is for pedantic (eg. not all agree on it); X is for eXperimental -
lintian might got it wrong; I is Informational.

I's you should correct. P and X - choose and pick

N: Processing source package sphinxsearch (version 0.9.8.1-1) ...
P: sphinxsearch source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system
Makefile.in and 4 more-
N: Processing binary package sphinxsearch (version 0.9.8.1-1) ...
P: sphinxsearch: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license
usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
N:    Severity: pedantic, Certainty: possible
I: sphinxsearch: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
X: sphinxsearch: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/bin/sphinx-indexer
succesfully successfully
X: sphinxsearch: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/bin/sphinx-indexer ment meant
X: sphinxsearch: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/bin/sphinx-search ment meant
X: sphinxsearch: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/bin/sphinx-searchd
succesfully successfully
X: sphinxsearch: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/bin/sphinx-searchd ment meant
X: sphinxsearch: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/bin/sphinx-spelldump ment meant
P: sphinxsearch: no-upstream-changelog

[1] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/
[2] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/d/debhelper/current/changelog

--