Re: RFS: ozerocdoff

Le mercredi 15 avril 2009 à 18:30 +0200, Didier Raboud a écrit :
> Julien Valroff wrote:
>
> > Hi Didier,
> >
> > (…)
> >
> > By the way, don't you think usb-modeswitch and ozerocdoff should
> > conflict? Though they do not share files, they could cause issues when
> > installed together - I haven't tested though as usb-modeswitch doesn't
> > work with my hardware.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Julien
>
> Hi,
>
> That's a good question. I don't have an opinion yet, but note that
> usb-modeswitch since 0.9.6-2 tries to be clever and provides
> a /e/u/rules.d/usb_modeswitch.rules which renders its manual launch useless
> by being run at plugin time. It has some glitches (aka there are different
> devices with same idVendor:idProduct which need different commands) but
> mostly work with 'some' configuration.

I have tried it again and actually it worked fine, except it misses some
HAL rules so that the system detects the modem as such (eg. for use with
NetworkManager).

> usb-modeswitch.rules has no number and as such, no pre-defined precedence on
> other rules. It supposes that it will be the only one acting on those
> devices.
>
> Because I think that a Conflict is overkill, I would go on without Conflict
> and see what happens. If we (either on ozerocdoff or on usb-modeswitch) get
> bugreports that some devices are wrongly detected by usb-modeswitch and
> should better be used with ozerocdoff (or the opposite), we will jointly
> decide at that time (either by fixing the bug directly in the concerned
> package or by making them Conflict).
>
> What do you think ?

Actually, I have already made ozerocdoff conlict with usb-modeswitch,
but wanted to ask you before asking for the package to be uploaded but
totally forgot in the meantime, sorry about this.

Do you think I should remove this conflict? I do agree with your
comment, but would personally rather bet on safety and make these
packages conflict.

What do other think?

Cheers,
Julien

http://www.april.org

Rejoignez maintenant plus de 4 500 personnes, associations, entreprises
et collectivités qui soutiennent notre action