Re: RFS: ozerocdoff

Hi Rogério,

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:08:35 -0300, Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>
wrote:
> Hi, Julien.
>
> I am not a DD, but I just saw your package.

All comments are welcome, thanks for your time!

> On Apr 14 2009, Julien Valroff wrote:
>> * URL             : http://www.pharscape.org/ozerocdoff.html
>
> The URL doesn't seem to be informative enough for an end user.
>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> ozerocdoff - temporarily disables ZeroCD
>
> More consistency in the use of ZeroCD or ZERO-CD in the short and long
> descriptions of the package would help a lot. I didn't know what ZeroCD
> was and I googled and went to wikipedia even. Wikipedia doesn't have any
> articles that contain the "ZeroCD" keyword.

You are right, but it is something very cryptic at the basis, as this is
something done by Option for Windows users only, without respecting the USB
standards.

This package is very specific and will only be used by people with such
hardware.

I will try and improve the descriptions to make things clearer.

> Thus, I would suggest you to improve the descriptions. Also, the long
> description seems a bit cryptic. Furthermore, the first line of the long
> description seems to have a grammatical error:

I will have a look at it as well

> Maybe there is another one further down. Also, lintian warns:
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> I: ozerocdoff source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
> P: ozerocdoff source: source-contains-prebuilt-binary ozerocdoff.o

Grr I don't understand what I have done as I had to repack the sources to
remove this binary.
I do not understand neither why I wasn't warned by lintian on my build
machine (I used svn-buildpackage -svn-lintian which gave no error nor
warning!)

I will have a look at all these things ASAP, but most probably not before
the end of the week.

Cheers,
Julien