Re: Requests for sponsors to upload NMUs

Cyril Brulebois wrote:
On 04/03/2008, Neil Williams wrote:
So why are we doing this now? This is an NMU - minimal changes
scenario.

Well, maybe the world isn't *that* black and white. Remember, NMUs are
a way to help people fix their bugs, get their packages back into
shape, etc.

IANADD, etc., but I already got a few NMUs sponsored, and beside a
single (IIRC) maintainer, I've never been insulted because I was doing
some unrelated changes, fixing some glitches.

(And a mere lintian error/warning is not a good reason to file a new
bug either, that's why lintian exists.)

(Ask jfs about that:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=27;bug=464264)

Sponsors, can we please stick to the rules for NMUs so that those
who seek advice here can get clear guidance on what is required?

For the record, last MU for the considered package was back in 2005.
Which might explain why Barry introduced above-the-usual-NMU-level
changes.

Cheers,

I agree with William, I need to watch my Ps and Qs. However, in this case voc is MIA. So ideally I suppose what I should do is orphan the package and make it a QA upload.

Sorry and thanks,

Barry deFreese