Re: Requests for sponsors to upload NMUs

On 04/03/2008, Neil Williams wrote:
> > So why are we doing this now? This is an NMU - minimal changes
> > scenario.

Well, maybe the world isn't *that* black and white. Remember, NMUs are
a way to help people fix their bugs, get their packages back into
shape, etc.

IANADD, etc., but I already got a few NMUs sponsored, and beside a
single (IIRC) maintainer, I've never been insulted because I was doing
some unrelated changes, fixing some glitches.

> (And a mere lintian error/warning is not a good reason to file a new
> bug either, that's why lintian exists.)

(Ask jfs about that:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=27;bug=464264)

> Sponsors, can we please stick to the rules for NMUs so that those
> who seek advice here can get clear guidance on what is required?

For the record, last MU for the considered package was back in 2005.
Which might explain why Barry introduced above-the-usual-NMU-level
changes.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois