Re: dh_clean and explicit package clean lists

Hi,

Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Ben Finney
> <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>
> > In other words (and thank you for asking questions until I know how to
> > ask this): I want an additional directory to be removed from the
> > Debian source package, the same way '.bzr/' and '.hg/' and 'CVS/' et
> > al are removed when building the Debian source package.
> >
> > How can I achieve this? What should I use?
>
> You probably want a custom regex in the -i option to dpkg-source.
> Using debuild and DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS in ~/.devscripts is a
> good way to prevent the need to add it to the dpkg-buildpackage
> command-line every time you run it.

Is it possible to set this option in the package itself?  This would
make life easier in case of team maintenance, NMUs and adoption.
If these options can only be set in $HOME, everybody involved will have
to add them themselves.  This is IMO a likely cause of error, which
could be avoided.

Regards,
Ansgar

--
PGP: 1024D/595FAD19  739E 2D09 0969 BEA9 9797  B055 DDB0 2FF7 595F AD19