Re: dh_clean and explicit package clean lists

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> I recently added support for dh_clean reading debian/clean (see its man
> page)

I'm trying to remove the entire top-level '.be/' directory from the
source package, using this feature of 'dh_clean'. However, in the
'debian/clean' file, neither of '.be' nor '.be/*' result in removing
that directory from the source package.

Am I wrong to expect 'dh_clean' to be run when building the Debian
source package? What tool should I be using for this purpose?

--
 \         "True greatness is measured by how much freedom you give to |
  `\      others, not by how much you can coerce others to do what you |