dh_clean and explicit package clean lists

Howdy all,

I recall recently seeing mention that 'dh_clean' could obey a
'debian/<package_name>.clean' file as a list of patterns or files to
clean.

However, I can't find it with search engines; "package.clean" returns
hits for "package clean", and "dh" returns hits for all the "dh_foo"
commands.

Can someone point me to a description or specification of this
feature?

--
 \       "I bought some batteries, but they weren't included; so I had |
  `\                             to buy them again."  -- Steven Wright |