Re: dh_clean and explicit package clean lists

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Ben Finney
<bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> "Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> writes:
>> Sounds like you are removing it from the diff.gz but want it removed
>> from the orig.tar.gz? If so, best ask upstream to not distribute it
>> there in the first place.
>
> No, I want it removed from the Debian '*.diff.gz'. It's part of the
> upstream source but is akin to VCS data: it should not be present in
> the Debian '*.diff.gz'.

Hmm, I don't really understand. Stuff from the orig.tar.gz shouldn't
leak into the diff.gz unless that stuff is being modified during the
build process or by the maintainer. Deleteing the stuff in the clean
rule will remove all changes from the diff.gz when dpkg-source
rebuilds the source package. Try setting DH_VERBOSE and or stat the
directory before and after the dh_clean call.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise