Re: rpath issue on 64 bit architectures

> Are you sure? Check out package 'transmission', it's been using chrpath
> for the last 3 releases (IIRC) without issues on any arch (at least
> according to lintian.debian.org).
> If it's being used correctly and for some reason doesn't work, please
> file a bug to it (as of now it has no bugs whatsoever, giving me the
> impression that it must work flawlessly).

I will recheck it, but I don't have an AMD machine to confirm again
:(. I Just received this from my package's sponsor that he has a AMD
machine.

> > I had to do the option for a patch on aclocal.m4 and configure scripts
> > with dpatch on build-time.
> >
> > On aclocal4 and configure the changes are (for each occurrence):
> > -  hardcode_into_libs=yes
> > +  hardcode_into_libs=no
> >
> > -hardcode_into_libs=$hardcode_into_libs
> > +hardcode_into_libs=no
>
> I haven't looked into your case, but unless I'm mistaken you shouldn't
> need to patch aclocal.m4 if you're already patching the configure
> script. You should either patch aclocal.m4 in case the configure script
> will be re-generated on build-time (which is unlikely your case)

Yes, I don't want to rebuild the configure script with autoconf. I
know the aclocal.m4 would be unecessary if I rebuild the configure
script. But I don't want to do that :P

> BTW, it certainly seems easier to patch this option instead of patching
> the '${wl}--rpath' definition, thanks for the tip!

Yes, it's easier. ;)

Regards.

--
Anibal Avelar (FixXxeR) http://fixxxer.cc
GPG: 83B64656 - C143 4AD8 B017 53FA B742  D6AA CEEA F9F3 83B6 4656