Re: New package "unicornscan" , I GIVE UP !

Am Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2007 schrieb Leo "costela" Antunes:
> Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> >> If you don't want to be the maintainer for the package, and instead only
> >> want to have it packaged, you can file a RFP (request for package) bug
> >> to the package 'wnpp'.
> >> Simply using 'reportbug wnpp' and filling in the proper fields should be
> >> enough. It should guide you through.
> >
> > I do not understand, how it works. The docu mentioned this, too, but
> > there was no backjground about the process or policy to find.
>
> If you're running a Debian system (and you should, since you want to
> work with it), you can just type 'man reportbug' to see how it works (it
> should be installed by default).
> Also take a look at http://bugs.debian.org to acquaint yourself with the
> Bug Tracking System (BTS).
>
> > Yes, I know. And I am also knowing, that my little work is not important
> > for Debian. But I think: If everyone is doing a little bit work for
> > Debian, as litle as it might be, the whole work together will bring the
> > Debian idea further on. My little part is more in user teaching and
> > supporting in my home area, and not coding. Now I wanted to enter a new
> > task. O.k., I failed.
>
> I didn't mean to say that your work is of no importance. Every help
> counts! And you can only say you "failed" if you really give up on a two
> hour period.

Yes, and because of this I started again and succeeded ! I am not the kind of
man, who is fast giving up. But when things are only frustating and fun is
becoming zero, then the time is, to change things.

> > Yes, I gave up. I had the feeling, no one was interested in new packages
> > at all, so I gave up. And yes, I had no fun and the package worked on my
> > system....
>
> Again: you probably got your feeling wrong.
> Take a look at http://lists.debian.org, check the lists archives for
> debian-mentors and see how new people usually get involved. 2 hours is a
> very short period to base your expectations on.

I understood, and I reacted. I tried again. So, why should I fail, when other
people succeed ?
> > Thanks, I will remember that. Again: I AM willing to read, but I need
> > help in the beginning, too.
>
> I understand, that's why we pointed you to some documentation that has
> been done specifically to help beginners.
>
> > O.k., I will try a new effort, but when it fails again, I will send you
> > the whole stuff. Thanky for this !
>
> That doesn't sound very optimistic.
> But even if you do "fail" (by your standards) there's no need to send me
> the packages. I can get them from the original website.
>
> Cheers and good luck
>
> --
> Leo "costela" Antunes
> [insert a witty retort here]

Thank you very much for your help ! My packages are now uploaded and can be
tested or changed, whatever.

Kind regards !

Hans