Re: mini-dinstall, repository signing and apt-get authentication

On 31 Jul 2007 15:25:54 -0400, Ian Zimmerman <itz@madbat.mine.nu> wrote:
> dupload requires me to make a .changes file.  I'd rather not have these
> overpopulating the source area.
>
> Also, to have the one-step process you describe, I either have to be root
> or give myself write permissions to the archive.  Currently I do the build
> as myself but the remote part as root.

Actually, you would just do the scp to a root account, though maybe
that's not what you want either. My archive is owned by me, and I
can't think of a reason why it should be root owned, do you have a
good one (it's beside the point, I'm just curious)?

> Cameron> So stick with non-SecureApt for your simple situation, or use
> Cameron> the advanced tools to get an advanced situation (which is IMO
> Cameron> less complicated).
>
> I would, except that every time I make an update aptitude gives me a
> red fat warning "Untrusted version of packages will be installed."
> I don't see a way of turning that off.

I think there's an Apt option for this, though I can't find it right now.

Cameron