Re: mini-dinstall, repository signing and apt-get authentication

Ian> I don't think reprepro is the right tool for my job, either.
Ian> Again, this is _not_ a mirror.  It is just a bunch of debs (about
Ian> 30 right now) that I build myself on a desktop machine, then upload
Ian> to share with other client machines.
Ian>
Ian> Is _anyone_ else doing this?  Seems like a natural thing to do.

Cameron> I use reprepro for exactly this purpose, and I only have about
Cameron> 10 debs in it at any given time. reprepro just makes it easier
Cameron> to handle all the Packages.gz/Release creation and
Cameron> signing. Adding new files is as sinple as "reprepro include sid
Cameron> ..." and removing them "reprepro remove sid ...", everything
Cameron> else is handled for you.

Cameron> How is uploading complicated? I added a post-upload script to
Cameron> dupload so I can just do (on any machine) "dupload --to sid
Cameron> foo.changes && apt-get update" and it all just works, I don't
Cameron> even have to log in to the reprepro machine.

dupload??  Cheesus.  I don't even know what that is.

I see that I have to describe exactly what I do from the point of build.
In the source directory of a package, I do

fakeroot debian/rules binary

that will create a file ../foo.deb,
then

scp ../foo.deb my.server.com:/var/local/debian

then I ssh to my.server.com and do the steps I described in my first mail
(as given by the wiki).

Why does it have to be any more complicated than this?  It worked pre-signing.
If it can't work with signing anymore, why?  And shouldn't this be documented?

--
This line is completely ham.