Re: mini-dinstall, repository signing and apt-get authentication

On 31 Jul 2007 12:51:39 -0400, Ian Zimmerman <itz@madbat.mine.nu> wrote:
> I did.  reprepro still wants me to have a pool and dists subdirectories,
> at the very least.  This just makes it more complicated to maintain,
> in particular to upload the debs.
>
> I don't think reprepro is the right tool for my job, either.  Again,
> this is _not_ a mirror.  It is just a bunch of debs (about 30 right now)
> that I build myself on a desktop machine, then upload to share with other
> client machines.
>
> Is _anyone_ else doing this?  Seems like a natural thing to do.

I use reprepro for exactly this purpose, and I only have about 10 debs
in it at any given time. reprepro just makes it easier to handle all
the Packages.gz/Release creation and signing. Adding new files is as
sinple as "reprepro include sid ..." and removing them "reprepro
remove sid ...", everything else is handled for you.

How is uploading complicated? I added a post-upload script to dupload
so I can just do (on any machine) "dupload --to sid foo.changes &&
apt-get update" and it all just works, I don't even have to log in to
the reprepro machine.

Cameron