Re: mini-dinstall, repository signing and apt-get authentication

On 31 Jul 2007 13:59:34 -0400
Ian Zimmerman <itz@madbat.mine.nu> wrote:

> I see that I have to describe exactly what I do from the point of build.
> In the source directory of a package, I do
>
> fakeroot debian/rules binary
>
> that will create a file ../foo.deb,
> then

dput foo_version_arch.changes

then let the server do the rest. No need to login.

It works well - principally because it is how packages are uploaded to
Debian so it needs to work!

(dput supports ftp or ssh).

> scp ../foo.deb my.server.com:/var/local/debian
>
> then I ssh to my.server.com and do the steps I described in my first mail

dput combines all that into one command.

> (as given by the wiki).
>
> Why does it have to be any more complicated than this?

It's actually less complicated.

However, see Joey's email about his repository that sounds a lot closer
to what you originally wanted.

--

Neil Williams