Re: RFS: peless -- dh_helper

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 10:55:11PM +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> -=| Giorgio Pioda, Fri, 25 May 2007 21:29:40 +0200 |=-
> > http://web.ticino.com/gfwp/debian/peless-1.108/peless_1.108-1.dsc
>
> Ouch. It seems I've missed something in my previous review :/
>
> In debian/copyright it is written that peless is under GPLv2-or-later
> and this is in COPYING as well.
>
> However, gmore.cc, peless.cc, internat.hh, search.cc and search.hh
> state something different in their headers.
>
> This is something that has to be sorted out with upstream author
> (Hi, Paul :)  ) Ah, and while there, can I gen distribution-neutral
> location for the source tarball? Just a wish, but I hope it would not
> be a problem.
>
> The copyright year is also different.
>
> And something from before:
>
> * debian/rules still contains commented rows that are never going to be
> enabled. Why keep them there?
> --
> dam            JabberID: dam@jabber.minus273.org

OK I will, be comming out with a new version, shortly which will have
the following features.

1) .cc .h source code the same except for copyright messages
2) configure.ac and Makefile.am changed to use ax_boost_base.m4
   instead of my home brew system.
3) copyright problems fixed, will say gplv2 or later.
4) remove obsolete spec files, but leaving the ones for current distros.

I will probably make a release probably Sat or Sun.

It will take this long because I still have to verify that the
system still builds on Fedora, opensuse, mandrake and ubuntu 7.04.
I still do not have a debian sid system for testing, but if
ubuntu works other debian based systems will probably work possibly
with minor changes.

When all this is done I will put a new release on berlios and
send you guys an email.

--
Paul Elliott                       1(512)837-1096
pelliott@io.com                    PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J