Re: Sponsoring gcc-h8300-hms

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> PS.: As before, the files can be found at http://www.model.in.tum.de/~tautschn/debian/

This build differs on the old binutils-h8300-hms package in that the
binaries are called h8300-hitachi-coff-*, instead of h8300-hms-*.

I am not sure this is intended, but I do not object to it at all.  Still, I
think it deserves a note on a NEWS.Debian file, and maybe even a bunch of
extra symlinks in /usr/bin.

Also, it uses hardlinks between /usr/h8300-hitachi-coff/bin and the stuff in
/usr/bin, which is really not a good idea as explained by linitan.  Can you
make them symlinks?

I have the current packages built, and I will wait your reply to the
questions above before either uploading, or rebuilding from new packages.

The h8300-hitachi-as and -ld tested ok against the stuff I have here, btw,
producing byte-identical binaries to what they were expected to.

  Henrique Holschuh