Re: RFS: kannasaver -- Japanese character screensaver

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 01:56:57PM -0500, Ryan Schultz wrote:
> On Saturday 05 November 2005 07:25 am, Florian Ernst wrote:
> > Which also leads me to a first upstream bug: the second part of yôon,
> > i.e. the characters from the yagyô, are displayed pretty big. I guess
> > they should better be displayed smaller to avoid misreadings, e.g.
> > "hiyo" instead of "hyo". However, the program only intends to show
> > single syllables, so this might not be that bad...
>
> That mostly went straight over my head, since I'm still working on the base
> hiragana. Do you mean that the second character in the compound characters is
> too big? If I'm understanding correctly, I'll let upstream know for his next
> release, because I don't think that's the right behavior.

Uh, hold on, I just noticed it was more a problem of the font I used.
With different fonts there seem to be different problems, like too
much space between two characters or the second character being
displayed too big for my taste...

> With another package that had a similar problem I forwarded the mail to my
> sponsor, and he sent it to a private list for storage and recording. I'll add
> the relevant part of the email to the copyright file this time as well; do
> you want me to forward the email to you as well?

Not necessary.

> > You might want to add a pointer to the upstream homepage to the long
> > description in debian/control, as considered best practice in
> > ch. 6.2.4 "Upstream home page" of the Debian Developer's Reference.
>
> Upstream doesn't really have a homepage, just an entry on KDE-Apps, so I left
> this out. Should the KDE-Apps entry be considered a homepage?

I'd do it, but it's up to you to decide.

> I've uploaded a new version to my archive with no revision bump. Thanks!

OK, checked, rebuilt, looking fine.

Now there is one more hoop you could jump, seeing that this won't be
your first package in the archive:
I've put some files at <http://people.debian.org/~florian/kannasaver/>.
Please check if they are complete and adequately signed and, if so,
upload the necessary parts to the proper place. In case of problems
(or if you simply don't want to upload yourself) I'll give a hand.

Cheers,
Flo