Want to do some work on ttylog

Hi,

I needed the functionality of the ttylog package for the PIC
microprocessor work I do. Sure enough, I found it's woefully
unmaintained, no updates since 2002 and a number of serious bug reports
listed against it. Well I've updated it and fixed each of the bugs
reported against it. I've also renamed it serpipe as my version does
nothing but provide a simple way to get data to and from the serial port
via pipes, it does no logging for which the ttylog program had some
unfinished code in it.

serpipe is available at http://petertodd.ca/serpipe/

Regarding these changes I have sent an email to the original maintainer
of ttylog. Haven't heard back yet, but it's only been a few hours. ;)

In any case I would like to see the mainstream debian ttylog get fixed
somehow, either by incorporating my changes into it or creating a new
package. serpipe has all the functionality that ttylog currently has and
more. I'm also quite willing to become the maintainer of ttylog/serpipe.
I have contributed to opensource software in the past, both as an
original developer (lucifer, esm, linpyro) and through patches. (pingus,
curl, freeciv, (helped my little brother make the Canadian
civilization!) picp)

Suggestions on where to go from here are greatly appreciated.

Peter Todd

--
pete@petertodd.ca http://www.petertodd.ca