Re: RFS: python-goopy

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 08:01:54PM +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 02:16:27PM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:
> > - the debian/docs contains two files that are not very helpful for the
> >   user. The instructions on installing the package are in fact
> >   misleading.
>
> I have edited it, and added a message saying Debian users have it
> installed already.

That's self-explaining in my opinion. After all that's why a user will
have installed your package. :)

> > - since python2.4 is out you may consider creating a second binary
> >   package (hint: debian/control) python2.4-goopy
>
> Done, though I didn't actually get your hint.

Thomas is right that it's not trivial to create multi-binary packages.
I'd upload your package if you just want to do a package for Python 2.3.
Perhaps you want to look at another Python package though. I believe
that http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python-mysqldb.html would be a good
example. Look at the debian/control file there.

> > - you do not have a build dependency on python. Building in a "pbuilder"
> >   failed here due to unsatisfied dependencies.
>
> My builds now depend on python2.3 as well as python2.3-dev for the
> python2.3 version.

Very good.

Regards
 Christoph