Re: RFS: python-goopy

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 08:51:43PM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:
> Thomas is right that it's not trivial to create multi-binary packages.
> I'd upload your package if you just want to do a package for Python 2.3.
> Perhaps you want to look at another Python package though. I believe
> that http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python-mysqldb.html would be a good
> example. Look at the debian/control file there.

Right, this will probably be something close to final.

1.I have adapted (read shamelessly copied) the ideas and part of the
  rules file from python-imaging and have learnt how to make multiple
  packages from a single source package.
2.I have created python-goopy, python2.3-goopy and python2.4-goopy,
  and think (after reading) that they now adhere to the Python Policy.
3.There is one executable in goopy, and I have ensured that it does
  have executable permissions and starts with #!/usr/bin/python2.[34]
  appropriately.

However, I have NOT done anything to the docs, and feel that the docs
aren't neccesary; users are expected to look at the source for
docs. Moreover, the docs in the package are misleading, as has been
pointed out. So, this is probably the only thing left, unless you find
something else...

I have uploaded the packages (again) to
http://kumar.travisbsd.org/debpackages

Please inform me of any other flaws, and whether this package can
become my first contribution to the universal operating system :-)

Thanks.

Kumar

--
Kumar Appaiah,