Re: RFS: python-goopy

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 02:16:27PM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:
> Hi, Kumar...
>
> Thanks for your contribution. Please allow me to comment on your
> package:

First, many thanks for the patient review.

> - the upstream tarball (orig.tar.gz) on your web server seems
>   to be incomplete (just contains PKG-INFO and README). I downloaded
>   the tarball from SourceForge.

Have corrected that.

> - the README.Debian is superfluous since it does not contain more
>   information than already provided in debian/control. Please remove
> it.

Removed.

> - the debian/docs contains two files that are not very helpful for the
>   user. The instructions on installing the package are in fact
>   misleading.

I have edited it, and added a message saying Debian users have it
installed already.

> - please remove the parts of the debian/rules that you commented out

Done, to the best of my knowledge.

> - since the package is meant to be for "Architecture: all" you do not
>   need everything you are running in the *-arch targets.

Done that.

> - since python2.4 is out you may consider creating a second binary
>   package (hint: debian/control) python2.4-goopy

Done, though I didn't actually get your hint.

> - you do not have a build dependency on python. Building in a "pbuilder"
>   failed here due to unsatisfied dependencies.

My builds now depend on python2.3 as well as python2.3-dev for the
python2.3 version.

Please do verify whether they adhere to the necessary standards. I
have uploaded them again to http://kumar.travisbsd.org/debpackages

Thanks again.

Kumar
--