Re: managing my packages with svn

Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 13.10.2005, 11:59 +0200 schrieb Bastian Venthur:
>>Does anything speak against my method? BTW: how do I make pdebuild and
>>debuild to ignore the .svn dirs?
>
> Make an export, not a checkout. But normally debuild/pdebuild should not

Explicit export is not necessary. Use -i argument for debuild.
Use pdebuild <options> --- --debbuildopts -i
or put DEBBUILDOPTS="-i" in /etc/pbuilderrc for pbuilder/pdebuild.

> complain about .svn dirs. Do you mean linda/lintian? In this case, you
> need to add a short ignore-warning hint for linda/lintian.

I strongly advice against this. linda/lintian warnings about revision-control
files in source are there for purpose. Ignorimg them "for convenience" leads to
uploading source packages with .svn in them.

> BTW: I
> suggest to use
>
> DEBUILD_LINTIAN=yes
> DEBUILD_LINDA=yes
> DEBUILD_LINTIAN_OPTS="-i -I"
> DEBUILD_LINDA_OPTS="-i"
>
> in /etc/devscripts.conf (runs linda and lintian automatically after
> every debuild run and it further outputs some more info).

Seconded.

dam
--
Damyan Ivanov                              Creditreform Bulgaria
divanov@creditreform.bg              http://www.creditreform.bg/