Re: managing my packages with svn

Am Donnerstag, den 13.10.2005, 15:32 +0300 schrieb Damyan Ivanov:
> Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 13.10.2005, 11:59 +0200 schrieb Bastian Venthur:
> >>Does anything speak against my method? BTW: how do I make pdebuild and
> >>debuild to ignore the .svn dirs?
> >
> > Make an export, not a checkout. But normally debuild/pdebuild should not
>
> Explicit export is not necessary. Use -i argument for debuild.

I cannot find such an option for debuild, but for dpkg-buildpackage,
where it is followed by a regex-pattern. Do you really mean this option?

> Use pdebuild <options> --- --debbuildopts -i
> or put DEBBUILDOPTS="-i" in /etc/pbuilderrc for pbuilder/pdebuild.
>
> > complain about .svn dirs. Do you mean linda/lintian? In this case, you
> > need to add a short ignore-warning hint for linda/lintian.
>
> I strongly advice against this. linda/lintian warnings about revision-control
> files in source are there for purpose. Ignorimg them "for convenience" leads to
> uploading source packages with .svn in them.

I am sorry. It was not my intention to say, that it is ok to ignore
these warnings - therefor I also tried to give the hint about export. It
was only the advice, that it can be only ignored with a special file.

Regards, Daniel