Re: RFS: aptsh

On 25-Sep-2005, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
>  I just look into it and have some things to change:

Packagers seeking sponsors should follow the advice given in the
debian-mentors FAQ:

    <URL:http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html>

> 3) please remove lines that you don't need from debian/rules.

Specifically, there are dozens of possible commands provided by
debhelper; it doesn't make much sense to leave commented dh_foo lines
in the rules file. Remove them.

> 6) I caught a quick FTBFS, add libreadline5-dev to your Build-Depends in
>    debian/control; you _may_ need autoconf as well.

A good test is to build your package with pbuilder, to find potential
FTBFS bugs before they're found by others:

    <URL:http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/pbuilder>

--
 \       Eccles: "I just saw the Earth through the clouds!"  Lew: "Did |
  `\     it look round?"  Eccles: "Yes, but I don't think it saw me."  |