Re: RFS: auctiongallery -- Generates picture galleries and HTML templates for auction descriptions

Stan Vasilyev <stan.vasilyev@csun.edu> wrote:

> I can make a new version and add features that allow users to have their
> own settings, like ~/auctiongallery/auctiongallery.conf,
> ~/auctiongallery/templates and ~/auctiongallery/auctions.

This should be ~/.auctiongallery, of course.

> However that
> kind of defeats the purpose of my software because it is aimed at eBay
> powersellers who have many employees. The way I have auctiongallery set
> up at my work is the following. All auction descriptions and pictures go
> to a common directory /home/auctiongallery. All users have the same
> config and the same templates unless they run auctiongallery with -c and
> -t overrides. That way all employees are part of one team and everything
> works nicely.

So what's the difference then to having the configuration in
/etc/auctiongallery?

>>PS: Please try to follow the common quoting style: Quote only what you
>>directly refer to, only as much as needed and quote each part you are
>>replying to directly above your respective answer/comment. That makes
>>reading your postings a lot easier.

You should read and follow that advice, not just quote it.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich