Re: usbmount: automatically mount and unmount USB mass storage devices

also sprach Martin Dickopp <martin-deb@zero-based.org> [2004.10.27.1842 +0200]:
> Both pmount and my package try to solve the same problem --
> letting users access removable media. The difference is that
> pmount allows users to mount and unmount these devices manually,
> while my script mounts and unmounts them automatically.

Given that you require udev anyway, maybe it would be worth to add
the hotplug abilities to pmount instead?

> Another difference is that pmount requires the user to know the
> name of the device node (my script doesn't)

uh, because you use udev.

> but pmount lets the user choose the mointpoint (my script
> doesn't).

So, use the best of both worlds and fuse all your cool stuff into
pmount. That would be my suggestion.

I prefer pmount because it does not require udev. You could add it
as an option...

`. `'`