Re: usbmount: automatically mount and unmount USB mass storage devices

also sprach Martin Dickopp <martin-deb@zero-based.org> [2004.10.26.2210 +0200]:
> over speed. Anyway, if most other users use their USB pens in the same
> way as I do (i.e. primarily for data exchange, not as a working
> directory), speed is not such an important issue.

Given that most of my files don't even fill a block, I would tend to
assert the exact opposite.

Anyway, couldn't you possibly create a little tool which would start
a command after remounting the device async, and mount it sync
again once the command stopped? Then I could say something like:

  fastusb rsync -a ~/ /media/usb

`. `'`