Re: usbmount: automatically mount and unmount USB mass storage devices

also sprach Martin Dickopp <martin-deb@zero-based.org> [2004.10.26.1955 +0200]:
> I have have written and packaged a script which automatically
> mounts USB mass storage devices when they are plugged in, and
> unmounts them when they are removed. It is primarily intended for
> use with USM memory pens. The package depends on udev and does not
> assume that the device always gets the same device node. Please
> see below for package details.

Neither USB nor hotplug provides for unplug notifications. Together
with caching, this is bound to cause data loss. Thus, you will have
to mount the filesystems with the 'sync' option, at which point in
time you might just use floppies or serial cables instead.

Or how else does this software handle unmounting?

`. `'`