Re: [jdamour@nycap.rr.com: Re: Please help sorting out which sid updates need to make sarge]

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 06:13, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 09:16:24AM +0200, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> > Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > > packages in contrib are allowed to FTBFS due to missing dependencies in
> > > Debian. You may close any FTBFS bugs on filler caused by missing java2
> > I think this should be missing *build*-dependencies.
> > To me it looks like filler 1.02-2 specifies java-compiler, debhelper as
> > build-dependencies.
>
> Hm, indeed, that's a problem. It should build-depend on j2sdk1.{3,4} or
> whatever instead...

How very, very silly of me not to have seen this before.  I'll get a new
version uploaded as soon as I can.

> Lintian should also have given you:
> W: filler source: virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends
> build-depends-indep: java-compiler

I see that error now, but I don't think I saw it when I first uploaded
it.  I remember a similar error on the "depends" line, which may be why
I specified the j2re1.3 | j2re1.4, but I'm pretty sure that the only
lintian error I was getting was that the driver script,
/usr/games/filler was not setgid games (which it can't be... it's a
script).

I've created a new set of package file and made them available at
http://www.damour.info/debian/.  Could someone please submit them to the
upload queue for me (as I'm not a Debian Developer)?

Thank you all for your help.

--
James Damour (Suvarov454) <suvarov454@users.sourceforge.net>