Re: [jdamour@nycap.rr.com: Re: Please help sorting out which sid updates need to make sarge]

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 11:59, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm CC'ing you (James) because I suspect you might not be subscribed to

Correct.

> > FTBFS
> I cannot find an open bug. If you mean 255831 (which looks like a
> legitimate missing build dependency bug, how did you resolve it before
> closing the bug), it should be reopened.

It was my understanding from the Debian Java policy
(http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/x73.html) that
by depending upon the java2-runtime (which is *not* supplied by gcj
3.3), the filler package is correctly identifying a dependency that
wasn't satisfied on the system of the user in bug 255831.  The fact that
there is *NO* package in Debian (main or contrib) that satisfies the
dependency is what causes the FTBFS bug.  On the other hand, once the
Free Java hackers catch up, filler should run without modification.

> > another.  Perhaps the package should be dropped from Sarge?
>
> The best thing is probably to have/file an RC bug and ask on
> debian-release to remove the package from sarge referencing the bug number.

I'd be happy to do so, if this is the recommendation of the list.

--
James Damour (Suvarov454) <suvarov454@users.sourceforge.net>