Subject: Re: Please help sorting out which sid updates need to make sarge
From: James Damour <jdamour@nycap.rr.com>
To: Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:15:01 -0400

I apologize if you did not intend to have maintainers email you
directly, but you didn't specify any other communication mechanism
(except waiting for an email next week... I'm trying to be helpful and
proactive).

I recently adopted the orphaned package named "filler" and uploaded a
new version to Sid that hasn't made it into Sarge because it FTBFS.
Mind you, the old (orphaned) version **also** FTBFS, so I'm not really
sure how it made it into Woody; perhaps it got grandfathered in when the
Debian policy on Java was changed.  Nevertheless, I wanted to let you
know that there is only bugs that the Sid version closes are the
"package orphaned" bug and a complaint about the documentation.  I don't
know if either bug is considered important for the Sarge release, and I
don't know the policy on replacing one FTBFS version of a package for
another.  Perhaps the package should be dropped from Sarge?

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 19:29, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
--
James Damour (Suvarov454) <suvarov454@users.sourceforge.net>

----- End forwarded message -----

--