Re: [jdamour@nycap.rr.com: Re: Please help sorting out which sid updates need to make sarge]

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 05:26:21PM -0400, James Damour wrote:
> It was my understanding from the Debian Java policy
> (http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/x73.html) that
> by depending upon the java2-runtime (which is *not* supplied by gcj
> 3.3), the filler package is correctly identifying a dependency that
> wasn't satisfied on the system of the user in bug 255831.  The fact that
> there is *NO* package in Debian (main or contrib) that satisfies the
> dependency is what causes the FTBFS bug.  On the other hand, once the
> Free Java hackers catch up, filler should run without modification.

filler is in contrib, see
http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-contrib

packages in contrib are allowed to FTBFS due to missing dependencies in
Debian. You may close any FTBFS bugs on filler caused by missing java2
packages in Debian referring to the debian policy, it is acceptable
for contrib to FTBFS due to missing dependencies.

Your package doesn't propagate to testing at the moment due to missing
depends, but this issue is currently being worked on by Andreas Barth.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl