Re: Use of the BTS for managing sponsorship

Le Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 02:00:40PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen écrivait:
> Most of my sponsorees haven't come from the CGI of yours, but from
> this list, or #debian-devel.

I know that. I observe myself that the CGI is most of the time out of
touch with the reality. That's why I want to get rid of it.

Still, if we created the CGI in the first place, it's because we wanted
to keep a track of who's looking for a sponsor and so on.

That's why I want us to switch to use the BTS.

> the term.  What I (and it seems a lot of other people) think is that
> the current system works fine.  At least, it works a lot better than
> having to handle it through the BTS.  IMO.

You don't know if the current system works well enough (neither do I).
Do you know if all sponsoree find a sponsor ?

What I see is that the CGI has a big list of people who haven't find a
sponsor, and I don't know if they have asked here, or if they have one
but forgot to update the entry and so on ... the BTS would keep track of
what happens wrt each sponsored packages. I could find answers to
questions like that.

BTW, using the BTS wouldn't change much, we'd still exchange mails in
debian-mentors ...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com