Re: routine-update adds debhelpe (Was: Sight needs to be ported to insighttoolkit5 [Fwd: sight is marked for autoremoval from testing])

Am Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 10:48:55PM +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:

> There's already a bug report: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1003590
> which has been fixed in the latest upload https://tracker.debian.org/news/1297402/accepted-lintian-brush-0120-source-into-unstable/
>
> Please update the version of lintian-brush you have locally.

Ahhhh, done!

The reason why I left some old lintian-brush on my machine is that it
frequently needs some packages that are only in unstable.  While I've
set my preferences to pull lintian-brush from unstable apt does not
pull this on my testing machine if there are other requirements that
are not in testing.  Too bad. :-(

> >  I'm not
> > really motivated to revert those changes afterwards in routine-update
>
> It decreases the overall quality, and I don't think not reverting this is a sensible thing to do.
> In any case, we do have a solution to not do this in future packages.

Yep.  Thanks for nagging about this!  As a punishment I reverted
a few other occurences.