Re: Help request - How to install qiime plugins which are not available in Debian?

Hi Beatrice,

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 03:14:36PM +0200, Beatrice Torracca wrote:
> > I admit I'm not a QIIME user and so I can not give some sensible advise
> > how to can add the phylogeny plugin to your Debian package installation.
> > However I just injected some (not yet finished!) Debian packaging for
> > the said plugin[1] and filed an according ITP bug[2].
>
> Great! Having as many qiime plugin as possible in Debian is a huge
> help for those like me. Installing via apt/aptitude is much easier and
> hassle-free than the other options.

That's nice to hear.

> I know packaging requires its time but I will keep an eye on the new
> q2-* packages entering Debian.

It would help if you check the list of plugins you need (or any other
software you might need) and tell us here.  If users are (silently)
using other systems (like the suggested BioConda) we do not get any
response what to do to make Debian Med better.  I have no problems
with other systems - as long as users simply tell us what is missing
here or what bugs are affecting their work.

> I subscribed to the list and will do as you suggest in the future.

Nice that you are subscribed so I do not need to CC you.

> Indeed, Debian Med packetization work is greatly appreciated.

Thank you