Re: Help request - How to install qiime plugins which are not available in Debian?

On domenica 18 luglio 2021, at 12:16 +0100, Tony Travis wrote:

Hi Tony,

> > I guess otherwise I would have to go the virtualbox route, which is
> > also kinda blurry to me (I imagine any VM, like QEMU, would do,
> > right?). So, any pointers to talks/presentations/tutorial on qiime in
> > Debian would be much appreciated.
>
> Hi, Beatrice.
>
> I recommend using QIIME2 under Bioconda:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to follow that guide.

Is the qiime installation via bioconda going to clash with the qiime
from the Debian testing repository I installed via apt?

> In particular, I recommend the 'Moving Pictures' tutorial:
>
> > https://docs.qiime2.org/2021.4/tutorials/

Indeed I was trying to follow that very tutorial :)
(Lots to learn)

> HTH,

It sure did. Thanks a lot,

beatrice