Re: Rejection of Orthanc

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020, 8:22 am Sébastien Jodogne, <s.jodogne@orthanc-labs.com> wrote:
Hi Andreas,

> I agree but need to work on this package structure.  May be I also
> check hor to provide a .a static lib for the -dev package.

I had a look at the CMake stuff, and it visibly doesn't allow the
simultaneous generation of the .so shared lib together with the .a
static lib.

As a consequence, one has to build twice civetweb, once with the
"-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON" option (to get the .so), and once without this
option (to get the .a).

Why would you want the static library?
Within Debian binaries must be dynamically linked to their libraries (minus exceptions..), so of I were you I'd just go with the .so only.