Re: Autopkgtest failure with new version of kaptive - may be related to new version of biopython

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2020-09-14 08:08:04 +0200:

[... https://bugs.debian.org/970344 ...]
> Hmmmm, this all sounds complicated.  I explicitly put Aaron in To since
> he is an expert in the blast code and might have some idea.  From my gut
> feeling we seem to have face some issue inside either blast or biopython
> which became visible by chance when running the kaptive test suite.

I opened #970344 against ncbi-blast+ to document the issue.  One
thing that should work, should time become of the essence, would
be to run kaptive.py in single threaded mode, using flag "-t 1":

	kaptive.py \
		-t 1 \
		-a exact_match.fasta \
		-k /usr/share/${pkg}/reference_database/Klebsiella_k_locus_primary_reference.gbk \
		-o output/test

Maybe it would be worth adding a flaky run multi-threaded in
that case as well, and point to #970344 to indicate where
intermittent results come from.

> > I'm also near finishing packaging Biopython 1.78, so that update
> > might add a bit more entropy into these testings.
>
> Thumbs up for working on Biopython 1.78 - lets see what side effect it
> will have on the issue above.

Alas, I'm afraid the Biopython 1.78 update didn't help in that
matter.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Old rsa/3072: 5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d