Re: Help for asking upstreams about free licenses urgently needed (Was: Help: Seeking source code of guppy base caller)

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 4:31 PM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 03:16:56PM +0200, Ben Tris wrote:
> > I am willing to ask about guppy first,
>
> Thanks a lot.

Thanks!

> > but what address could I use best?
>
> May be you can check out the links Michael has given.  Does anybody
> have some other points of contact?  I personally have no idea, sorry.
>
> > And I'm afraid that I will not be that convincing, don't know the
> > exact use and needs for having guppy freed.
>
> I'd start with the fact that guppy is on our list of software that
> is relevant to fight COVID-19.  At the end of our wiki page
>
>    https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/SoftwareLiberation

The information comes from the talk in nf-core Slack #covid19 channel.

Here is the link. If you join the Slack, maybe you can see it.

https://nfcore.slack.com/archives/C0105J0J9T8/p1587416769052300
> I can see nf-core/artic, nf-core/viralrecon, nf-core/nanoseq are used for that.
> The pipelines you listed are the ones that are/will be most applicable to COVID-19 analysis

nf-core/nanoseq project includes guppy as a dependency.

--
Jun | He - His - Him