Re: Help for asking upstreams about free licenses urgently needed (Was: Help: Seeking source code of guppy base caller)

I was referring to the flappy license, that is mozilla like
maybe they are willing to change to MPL-2.0 that is GPL compatible
if that research only is a problem, but I think (guess) there are
enough escapes in the license.

I still think there should be a confirmation
that guppy will not be available with a free software
license. Because I think it is developed with
contributions from the community.

Otherwise it is indeed non-free.

Based on the flappy license, should asked to release guppy with MPL-2.0?

Someone mentioned chiron, maybe that is the only good alternative at
this moment?
(the Basecalling-comparison contains some additional advice on chiron
settings)