Hisat2 and bcbio support (Was: Failing tests / OnFire)

On Fri, Aug 02, 2019 at 04:43:11PM +0100, Saira Hussain wrote:
> I am actually stuck as I am getting this error in the autopkgtest:
>
> autopkgtest [16:40:25]: test run-unit-tests: [-----------------------
> cp: cannot stat '/usr/share/doc/hisat2/examples/*': No such file or

Ahhh, that's the kind of issues you usually do not see when working on
your own.  The control file for dh_installexamples is

   debian/examples

(mind the ending 's').  Fixed and also fixed the script which should
not cd to the examples dir and also needs to unzip data files.

> I know it's something silly I am doing again with the package location but
> not sure. Can you help me fix it?

Sure.  As promised. ;-)

> I 've pushed everything to master and
> tested locally and the tests work (actually I had to slightly modify them as
> they were a bit outdated. Is that something I would need to add to the
> manual? Or somehow pass over to the maintainers?)

Please forward your modification (where can I find this?) to the
upstream maintainers.

The test is working now.  However, there are some lintian errors I
will investigate.  I will also consider to move the examples to a
separate date package since these make 2:3 of the arch any package
and should be rather arch all (and users of the plain binary should
not be forced to install those extra bytes.

@Saira: Please consider your work on the autopkgtest done even if
the package needs further care.  Feel free to pick a new package
from the list.

@Steffen: In

commit 8c33f70533310cf602c9028e42994a262987a36a
Author: Steffen Moeller <moeller@debian.org>
Date:   Thu Apr 18 00:55:00 2019 +0200

    Extending support for Python files of hisat2

    bcbio needs them to build-testing

you added an extra binary package but it is empty.  Can you please
fix this (or explain what should happen?)

I installed hisat2_extract_splice_sites into /usr/bin (I think
this was to support bcbio.  What else is needed?