Re: Please use our scripts to save time and enhance quality [Was: [Git][med-team/igdiscover][master] 2 commits: Adjusting build dependencies]

[ disclaimer: shameless plug in/advertisment! ]

On Fri, Aug 02, 2019 at 06:58:56AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> manually.  There would be no need for manual intervention if everybody
> who creates a new repository would use
>
>    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/helper-scripts/blob/master/inject-into-salsa-git
>
> This script should be called from a new local git repository and will
> create the remote one on salsa.d.o and sets all the hooks we want.  I
> would be happy if everybody would prefer this over manual creation of
> repositories since usually this will not include all settings we want
> to have.

I'd like to point you towards the new `salsa` tool in devscripts.  You
can create a config file with all the options that you expect for
debian-med's repositories, and then invoke something like

    salsa --conf-file d-med.conf update_safe --all

or somesuch.  The manpage is fairly long, but organized enough that you
should see what I mean; check out the js-team group for an example
config.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo