Re: [MoM] mmseqs2

Dear Shayan,

On Sun, 21 Jul 2019, 01:14 Shayan Doust, <hello@shayandoust.me> wrote:
Thank you for the upload! :-)

No prob :)

Quick question. Would it be worth the effort backporting, or is that
usually based on factors like demand and interest from users,
developers, etc?

I've never backported before. Haven't had a need for it yet.

Additionally, I've managed to fix one of the few tests which I was
initially unable to include within the unit test. It takes a bit of
effort to run valgrind and to try figure out where SIGSEGV was tripped.
My aim is to have maximum functionality testing coverage with this very
soon.

Great! The upstream should be very grafetul to you for hunting these problems down. It would be best if they could incorporate your patches.

Sadly, I'm right before entering university so I'm still young and
travelling for key signing / etc is not a viable option yet.

This should not be a problem. You may look around to find someone in your region via db.debian.org. Other option would be to check the database each time you have a conference or vacation somewhere. This is how I got my signatures :)

I won't be
surprised if I was the youngest in the team :-)

Might be possible, I might be on the second place after you now :) It's just that no one in Debian seems to care about anyone's age :)

Best,
Andrius