Re: [MoM] mmseqs2

Hi Shayan

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 01:33:13PM +0100, Shayan Doust wrote:
> Firstly Andreas, I saw your commit earlier this morning - thanks. I may
> have forgotten to unstash something and push, oops :-)

:-)

> As you can see, autopkgtest works. I'm using some generated binaries
> that CMake generates. Some binaries do not work, as they either fail
> with some segmentation / SEGSEGV fault or some of the paths are
> hard-coded and not dynamic. Probably the best course of action would be
> to inform upstream or just patch up the src files, though I think the
> pre-existing tests cover a wide spectrum of the software anyways.

I have not checked the source but its not unusual that you need to
change some pathes inside the code to pass the test suite.  However,
segmentation / SEGSEGV fault does not sound nice - at least some
error handling should be done in the code.

> I have contacted upstream again regarding the documentation. If they
> make the documentation src available in the tarball in due course of
> time before the upload, I'll certainly include it. For now, I may go
> down the gamble route and see if ftp masters will accept it as your
> suggestion below. It's good to know for future cases like this too.
> Would you say utilising debian/missing-sources to be possible in this case?

That would be an option.

> We are inching closer to an upload I feel.

+1

> Hopefully the current
> mmseqs2.install is satisfactory in your opinion. I could not move the
> test binaries to /usr/share/mmseqs2 as I think they are certainly not
> needed for the program to function, and lintian will of course complain
> about some arch-dependent-file-in-usr-share, so hopefully this is an OK
> judgement.

If these binaries might have any use the proper dir would be

   /usr/lib/mmseqs2

You can either do the move by patching CMakeLists.txt or you can do

override_dh_install:
	dh_install
	mv ... # move around stuff

> I will push the copyright file too later today.

Good.

Thanks for your work on this

      Andreas.