Re: [MoM] mmseqs2

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 03:00:56PM +0100, Shayan Doust wrote:

> > Did you push everything (git push --all && git push --tags)? Repackaging
> > should have left commits in 'upstream' and 'pristine-tar' branches, as
> > well as new tags. Without them my build process fail. Other than that
> > seems fine.
>
> How about now? Also, in pristine-tar branch, there are two sets of delta
> and id files. Should the old one (without +ds) be removed?

If you really want to do the work to clean up that's OK but I usually do
not mind to much.  Except of some extra bytes it does not really harm
(except if really huge data files might have been removed from some
source - than it makes sense).

> > I'd expect 'licensecheck' to be able of doing this, but haven't
> > checked it yet.
>
> Unfortunately I haven't had much luck with licensecheck, especially when
> detecting the type of license used within some src files in the
> directory. It either ends up blank or displays a FIXME output.

As I said: That's the boring part of packaging ...

> > I will be on vacation for a month starting on Monday, but I will stay
> > on-line most of the time. Most probably I won't have access to my
> > Debian building machine.
>
> Ok.

DebConf is usually for work on Debian tasks - so I should be available
the next week.

For the moment I see:

I: mmseqs2 source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright lib/cadode/* (paragraph at line 17)
N:
N:    The wildcard that was specified matches no file in the source tree. This
N:    either indicates that you should fix the wildcard so that it matches the
N:    intended file or that you can remove the wildcard. Notice that in
N:    contrast to shell globs, the "*" (star or asterisk) matches slashes and
N:    leading dots.
N:
N:    Refer to
N:    https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/ for
N:    details.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: source-copyright, Type: source
N:
I: mmseqs2 source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright lib/kseq2/* (paragraph at line 21)
I: mmseqs2 source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 17
N:
N:    The Files paragraph in debian/copyright appears to be superfluous as it
N:    is does not match any files.
N:
N:    You should be able to safely remove it.
N:
N:    This can also be caused by incorrect relative ordering of paragraphs.
N:
N:    Refer to
N:    https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/ for
N:    details.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: source-copyright, Type: source
N:
I: mmseqs2 source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 21

I just fixed

  I: mmseqs2 source: out-of-date-standards-version 4.3.0 (released 2018-12-23) (current is 4.4.0)

and

  W: mmseqs2 source: debian-watch-file-should-mangle-version line 5

as well as

  I: mmseqs2: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly "ultra fast and sensitive protein search and clustering."

If you manage to hunt down the lintian issues in d/copyright I could
upload.