Re: Uploaded new version 1.6 of htslib, samtools & bcftools to experimental - any known issues with reverse dependencies

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 04:49:36PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Thanks for your careful checking.  Would you mind just commiting your
> prefered solution to make sure I've correctly understood what you mean?
> (There is no real policy in the med team here.)

I could do that, but I'm unsure as to why you did a thing.
I'm looking at commit 765419270800864fd29cea90db233a60cd46aea8, where
with a simple message "install htslib*.mk files that are used in
bcftools" you did so many changes, including adding a dependency and
installing a bunch of links.  The problem is the first link of that
list.  The commit nor the changelog explains the reason of those
changes, so I'd rather not remove something that is there for a
reason...

Then, now that the htslib*.mk are not installed anymore
(commit 5fedaeab7241efc00f5d814ebb67f884d1c62e38) so *maybe* all the
changes that were done in the same commit could be reverted as well.
But who knows…

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo