Re: Uploaded new version 1.6 of htslib, samtools & bcftools to experimental - any known issues with reverse dependencies

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 01:03:21PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> To come back to the initial discussion:  You would agree that uploading
> to unstable is fine?  The reason why I've choosen experimental initially
> was also that we have lots of packages depending from python-pysam which
> sometimes is lagging behind samtools.  I just verified that there is
> a new python-pysam version which says in the NEWS file:
>
>   This release wraps htslib/samtools/bcftools versions 1.6.0 and
>   contains a series of bugfixes.
>
> So I would go on an move the packages htslib, samtools and bcftools from
> experimental to unstable and upload python-pysam 0.13.0 if nobody
> insists.

Yep, if python-pysam is fine (as are the other rev-dependencies) then
yap, should be fine to go ahead.

One thing: I noticed that in htslib's tracker page an important
multiarch issue is reported: libhts-dev is marked ma:same, but there is
a static library in a non-multiarch path.
The options to fix it are:
* don't build the static lib at all
* move the static lib to a multiarch path
* remove the ma:same notation
(I prefer them in that order, personally, but IIUC static libraries are
kind of liked by science/med people; icbw of course)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :