Re: Open issue with libbpp-core

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 07:18:22PM +0200, Julien Yann Dutheil wrote:
> Not sure what the problem exactly is, but reading back our emails from one
> year ago, I realise I have skipped a few episodes: we mentioned bppsuite
> and comap, but we actually said we would proceed with the libraries first,
> I had forgotten that, I sincerely apologize for that.

I think I understood your mails rather that way that all those packages
would be new packages we need to package from scratch.  I was not aware
that those packages would exist in Debian.

My hint (may be not as polite as it should have been) was also to
Andreas Beckmann who fixed some bugs in an NMU in September 2016.  We
had taken over the libraries in June 2016 and I'm simply hoping that
every Debian developer would realise in cases like this:  Hey, there is
a package that fits into Debian Med team - pinging them what's wrong
here might make sense.

> I have now registered
> to Alioth and will go thru all the documentation about the procedure in
> more details. I'll probably have some questions though.

I have uploaded the libs and bppsuite which all need to go through new
queue due to package name changes.  I delayed the upload of bppphyview
until the libs are accepted.  For sure you are more than welcome to work
on future upgrades and asking questions is perfectly fine.