Everything is on the master branch, but I have not tagged the new versions... would there be a way to check that everything is in order before doing so? It seems to me that making a new version number and tag after each bug fix is rather ineffective... or maybe I should make a temporary tag only for testing purpose (sthg like v2.3.1-pre1?)

All the best,

Julien.

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 3:53 PM, GINDRAUD FRANCOIS <francois.gindraud@univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:
Hi,

It seems the problem of debian arch-specific lib install paths is solved by using the CMake GNUInstallDirs package (https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Implementation#CMake).

I will update the CMake repositories to use it, which should solve the problem.

Julien: please wait until I've updated the CMakes before tagging the release.

--
François Gindraud
Ingénieur développement bioinformatique
LBBE, équipe BPGE, projet Grasp, Labex Ecofect
Bureau 116, Bâtiment Mendel 1er étage, UCBL

De : Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>
Envoyé : mardi 6 juin 2017 11:23
À : GINDRAUD FRANCOIS
Cc : Julien Yann Dutheil; Debian Med Project List
Objet : Re: Open issue with libbpp-core

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 05, 2017 at 12:14:13PM +0000, GINDRAUD FRANCOIS wrote:
> I'm the one responsible for the CMake upgrade in the Bio++ libraries.
>
> Since this version, Bio++ uses CMake package files to represent internal module dependencies, and allow users to use find_package(bpp-<module>).
>
> To support this, CMake generates a few files in <prefix>/lib/cmake/bpp-<module>/*.cmake, which are required to enable find_package to work.
>
> In your case it seems bpp-seq is unable to find the cmake package files of core (especially, bpp-core-config.cmake).
>
> According to https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libbpp-core/2.3.0-1~exp1/+build/12681398, which seems to have a log of your build of bpp-core, these files are missing from the bpp-core-devel package.
>
> This explains why they cannot be found by bpp-seq.
>
> To fix the error you must ensure these files are included in the devel package.

You are right.  I just commited a change which installs the missing files.

However, I have remaining problems wo build libbpp-seq:

   dh_auto_configure
<------>cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None -DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCALSTATEDIR=/var
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
CMake Error at /usr/lib/cmake/bpp-core/bpp-core-targets.cmake:90 (message):
  The imported target "bpp-core-static" references the file

     "/usr/lib/libbpp-core.a"

  but this file does not exist.  Possible reasons include:

  * The file was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.

  * An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.

  * The installation package was faulty and contained

     "/usr/lib/cmake/bpp-core/bpp-core-targets.cmake"

  but not all the files it references.

Cmake is correct that the said file does not exist since it is rather
in the multiarch dir - for amd64 architecture for instance

    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libbpp-core.a

Do you have any idea how to fix the cmake files to respect multiarch?